Take Road Driving Lessons From Our Driving School In Ontario
Pondering Activities For This April Break? Learn How To Drive
If you are a new driver, it is likely you’re feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement. No matter how you’re feeling about your first road driving lessons, it’s always helpful to have an idea about what you can expect from the process. A good place to start is by choosing the right professional driving school in Ontario that can help you become a safe, considerate, and well-rounded driver.
The New Driver Training Program from DriveWise, incorporates interactive classroom learning, simulation labs, online learning, and one-on-one in-car sessions to provide learners with comprehensive driver education.
What To Expect During Your In-Car Driving Lessons
With April break right around the corner, there’s no better time to take road driving lessons at an Ontario drivers’ school. Classes are filling up fast, so make sure you don’t miss out. Register for our in-car sessions today.
Read on for a closer look at what you can expect during your in-car driving lessons:
● Lesson 1 – Students will learn about the vehicle, including all in-car devices such as the dashboard, turn signals, windshield wipers, and more. We will discuss pre- and post-driving habits, seatbelts, practice getting comfortable with the brake and acceleration pedals, practice steering, and learn how to execute left and right turns.
● Lesson 2 – We will learn how to come to a complete stop, properly scan for and identify hazards, understand the right of way, and continue to practice your left and right turns at small intersections. Additionally, we will begin practicing stall and hill parking.
● Lesson 3 – Practice using your signals and learn how to make proper lane changes on city streets, picking your point of no return when you approach intersections, and begin practicing parallel parking.
● Lesson 4 – In addition to right and left turns, the lesson will focus on getting comfortable at making turns at larger intersections and traffic lights. You will practice driving through roundabouts and on 80 km/h highways.
● Lesson 5 – Practice your reverse and forward parking and get comfortable driving through heavy traffic, and on one-way streets.
● Lesson 6 – Learn how to get on, merge and exit the freeway. We will practice acceleration, deceleration, changing lanes, and using the correct ramps. Additionally, you will learn how to perform gravel shoulder recoveries, and practice the techniques to avoid head-on collisions.
● Lesson 7 – We will discuss situations in which you may require emergency maneuvers. Practice emergency stopping, emergency steering, and avoiding rear-end collisions.
● Lesson 8 – Focus on independent driving, getting more comfortable driving through intersections, and driving on highways and freeways.
● Lesson 9 – We will sharpen your defensive driving techniques.
● Lesson 10 – Review and practice all your lessons and prepare for your final driving test.